Roasted peppers, olives and paprika give this pie tons of flavour. It’s a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken too.
Takes 30 minutes • Serves 4
– 1kg/2lb 4oz potatoes, cut into small cubes.
– 3 tsp paprika (use smoked paprika if you have it).
– 2 onions.
– 2 garlic cloves.
– 2 tsp olive oil.
– 2 × 400g cans chopped tomatoes.
– 300g/10oz leftover cooked chicken, shredded.
– 140g roasted peppers from a jar, sliced.
– a handful of Kalamata olives, pitted and halved.
Step 1:Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Boil the potatoes for 10–15 minutes until tender. Drain, return to the pan, then mash with some seasoning and two teaspoons of the paprika.
Step 2:Meanwhile, slice the onions and crush the garlic. Heat the oil in a large pan, then fry them together for a few minutes until softened. Stir in the remaining paprika for 1 minute, add the tomatoes, then bring to a simmer. Tip into a large ovenproof dish, then stir in the chicken, peppers, olives and some seasoning.
Step 3:Spoon the mash over the chicken then bake for 15 minutes until the mash is golden on top and the sauce is bubbling.