Try using noodles in a new way and top your salads with an irresistible crunch.
Takes 25 minutes • Serves 2
– 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
– 1 tsp cumin seeds.
– 2 tsp sunflower oil, plus extra for frying.
– 25g/1oz dried fine egg noodles.
– zest and juice of ½ orange.
– 2 tsp red wine vinegar.
– 2 handfuls of baby leaf spinach.
– 1 avocado, peeled and sliced.
– ½ red onion, finely sliced.
Step 1:Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Toss the potato chunks with the cumin, a teaspoon of the oil and some seasoning. Spread over a baking sheet, then roast for 20–25 minutes until tender and golden.
Step 2:Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain. Heat 1cm of oil in a wok or deep pan. Fry the noodles in a couple of batches for 30 seconds until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, then drain well on kitchen paper.
Step 3:When the potatoes are ready, whisk together the remaining oil with the orange zest and juice, red wine vinegar and a little seasoning. Tip the potatoes into a bowl with the spinach, avocado and red onion and drizzle with the dressing. Divide between two plates and crumble over the crispy noodles.