Spicy bombay chili eggs with broccolini
This dish is welcome on both the breakfast and lunch menus! Broccolini, a vegetable that can be consumed in its entirety, tastes like a cross between broccoli and asparagus. If not available at your local grocer’s, seek it out at an Asian market. If you can’t find broccolini, substitute broccoli. For the health-conscious, try this recipe with egg whites only. Serve it with hot Toasted Cumin Chapatis with Orange for a light, yet tasty meal.
– 6 large eggs; ½ teaspoon ground cumin
– ½ teaspoon salt; Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
– 2 tablespoons oil; 3 fresh green chili peppers, deseeded and minced
– 6 green onions (scallions), minced; 1 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
– ½ lb (250 g) broccolini, chopped; 1 large tomato, chopped
– 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro).
Beat the eggs in a large bowl with the cumin, salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the chili peppers, green onions, ginger and broccolini. Cook, stirring constantly until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the tomato and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the eggs and cook on medium heat until rm (but not dry), about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Once the eggs have congealed, transfer them to a serving platter. Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
Food: Spicy Bombay Chili Eggs With Broccolini