Keep vegetarian food interesting with this tasty supper for two, and if you like it less spicy use a mild curry powder instead.
SERVES 2- 30 minutes
– 140g/5oz basmati rice.
– 2 eggs.
– 1 tbsp olive oil.
– 1 onion, chopped.
– 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped (leave seeds in, if you like it spicy).
– 2 tbsp medium curry powder.
– 1 tsp brown or black mustard seeds.
– 2–3 pinches cayenne pepper.
– 100g/4oz marinated tofu, cubed.
– ½ bunch spring onions, sliced.
– handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped.
Step 1:Cook the rice and boil the eggs in the same pan of boiling water for 8–9 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and soften the onion and chilli for 5 minutes. Add all the spices and fry for 1–2 minutes more.
Step 2:Drain the rice and stir into the spicy onion with a splash of water and the tofu. Season well, then heat through gently for a few minutes until piping hot. Peel and quarter the boiled eggs. Stir the spring onions and parsley into the rice, divide between two bowls and top with the eggs.
Note : PER SERVING 574 kcals, protein 25g, carbs 68g, fat 25g, sat fat 4g, fibre 6g, sugar 5g, salt 2.3g