You won’t miss the meat in this hearty pasta.
Takes 30 minutes • Serves 2
– 1 tbsp olive oil.
– ½ butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 300g/10oz peeled weight).
– 2 garlic cloves, chopped.
– a few fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped.
– 140g/5oz mushrooms, sliced.
– 175g/6oz pasta, any shape.
– 1 tbsp grated Parmesan, plus more to serve, if you like.
Step 1:Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the squash, garlic and sage for a few minutes until beginning to brown. Splash in some water, then cook fiercely for about 15 minutes until the squash is softening and the pan looks dry. Add the mushrooms, then fry for 5 minutes more, stirring every so often, until everything begins to caramelize.
Step 2:Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water, then add the pasta and reserved water to the squash. Toss with most of the Parmesan and serve in bowls, sprinkled with the remaining cheese.