This salad is special enough for entertaining – just add some freshly toasted bread, rubbed with a garlic clove and drizzled with olive oil.
SERVES 2 – 25 minutes
– 1 fillet or rump steak (about 300g/10oz total), trimmed.
– 140g/5oz green beans, trimmed.
– 1 chicory head, leaves separated.
– 25g/1oz walnuts, roughly chopped.
FOR THE DRESSING
– zest and juice ½ lemon.
– 1 tbsp walnut or olive oil.
– 1 tbsp tarragon leaves, chopped.
– 1 small shallot, finely chopped.
– 2 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled.
Step 1:Season the steak with lots of black pepper and a little salt. Cook on the barbecue or under a really hot grill for 2–3 minutes each side, or to your liking. Leave to rest for 10 minutes, then slice.
Step 2:Meanwhile, cook the beans in a pan of boiling water until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain very thoroughly.
Step 3:For the dressing, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, oil, tarragon, shallot, cheese and some seasoning.
Step 4:Divide the chicory leaves between two plates and top with the beans, walnuts and steak slices. Pour the dressing over the salad just before you are ready to serve.
Note : PER SERVING 402 kcals, protein 40g, carbs 5g, fat 25g, sat fat 7g, fibre 3g, sugar 3g, salt 0.7g