Steamed Fish / Ca hap
With its long coastline and many rivers,Vietnam enjoys an abundance of fresh fish, and seafood is an important part of the menu. For this recipe, you can use sole, cod, haddock, or any other white fish. If you use frozen fish, thaw thoroughly before mixing with the other ingredients.
– 2 lb. fish fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 2 tsp. fish sauce
– ⅛ tsp. pepper
– 1 clove garlic, chopped
– 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
– ½ c. sliced fresh mushrooms
– 3 stalks celery, cut into chunks
– 1 tomato, cut into chunks
– ¼ c. chopped scallions
Place all ingredients in a heatresistant bowl and mix well.
Place ½ c. water in steamer and bring to a boil over high heat. Place bowl with fish mixture into steamer. Cover and steam over medium heat for 40 minutes.
Serve hot with rice. Spoon juices over fish and rice.
Food: Steamed Fish