Steamed pork ribs with fermented black beans – dou chi zheng pai gu
Leave some fat on the pork ribs, as this will give a smoother texture to the cooked meat. Cooked together with fragrant garlic and other seasoning ingredients, this goes very well with steamed rice too.
– Pork ribs 600 g (1 lb 52/5 oz)
– Potato starch 20 g (2/3 oz)
– Minced garlic 20 g (2/3 oz)
– Fermented black beans 1 Tbsp, rinsed
– Pickled plum 1, de-seeded and chopped
– Sesame oil a dash
– Ground white pepper a dash
– Red chilli 1, de-seeded and sliced
– Potato starch 10 g (1/3 oz)
– Salt 6 g (1/5 oz)
– Chicken powder 6 g (1/5 oz)
– Sugar 16 g (1/2 oz)
Cut pork ribs into bite-size pieces.
Marinate pork ribs with potato starch for about half an hour.
Meanwhile, fry half of the garlic until browned and fragrant. Mix with raw garlic and set aside.
Fry fermented black beans until fragrant. Set aside.
Rinse marinated pork ribs under running water and drain well.
Add seasoning ingredients and mix well.
Mix in remaining ingredients, except chilli slices, and steam for 8 minutes over medium heat.
Garnish with chilli slices and serve immediately.
Food: Steamed pork ribs with fermented black beans