Sticky ribs with corn salad
Kids will just love the sweet, sticky crunchiness of this quick meal that’s also simple to shop
Takes 30 minutes • Serves 4
– 12 small or 8 large pork ribs
– 150ml/¼ pint barbecue sauce
– 340g can sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
– ½ cucumber, diced
– 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
– ½ red onion, chopped
– 1 lime, half juiced, half cut into wedges, to serve
Heat the grill. In a large pan of water, simmer the ribs for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry. In a large roasting tin, toss the ribs with the barbecue sauce, then grill for 8–10 minutes, turning halfway, until the ribs are sticky.
Mix the corn, cucumber, chilli, onion and lime juice in a large bowl with some seasoning.
Just before serving, shake the tin so the ribs are evenly coated in sauce. Divide the ribs among four plates and serve with the corn salad and lime wedges.
Food: Sticky ribs with corn salad
• Per serving 449 kcalories, protein 34g, carbohydrate 30g, fat 22g, saturated fat 8g, fibre 2g, sugar 18g, salt 1.22g