Better and quicker to cook than anything you could phone up for, this impressive dinner for two is ideal for a Friday night in.
SERVES 2 – 20 minutes
– 1 tbsp soy sauce.
– 1 tbsp mirin or clear honey.
– 2 tsp cornflour, mixed to a paste with 2 tbsp water.
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
– 300g/10oz beef frying steak, thinly sliced.
– 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced.
– 1 red chilli, finely chopped.
– 3 spring onions, sliced into small pieces.
– 300g pack beansprouts.
– 100g bag baby leaf spinach.
– handful sesame seeds, toasted.
– cooked rice, to serve (optional).
Step 1:In a small bowl, mix together the soy, mirin or honey and cornflour paste. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Season the beef and sear in batches, then remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Fry the garlic and chilli, then add the spring onions and beansprouts, and stir-fry for 2 minutes until softened.
Step 2:Return the beef to the wok and add the spinach along with the sauce. Keep stir-frying for another 2–3 minutes until the spinach has wilted and the sauce has coated the meat. Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds and some rice, if you like.
Note : PER SERVING 470 kcals, protein 40g, carbs 17g, fat 27g, sat fat 8g, fibre 6g, sugar 5g, salt 1.8g