Fine, fresh vegetables are found throughout Greece. For this recipe, it is important to use the reddest, ripest tomatoes available.
– Cooking time: 15 minutes.
– Serves 4.
– 4 medium-sized ripe tomatoes*.
– 2 tbsp. finely chopped scallions.
– 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley.
– ½ c. (about 3 oz.) finely crumbled feta cheese.
– ¼ c. bread crumbs.
– 3 tbsp. olive oi.
Step 2:Coarsely chop the tomato pulp.
Step 3:Preheat oven to 350°F.
Step 4:In a small bowl, combine tomato pulp with scallions, parsley, feta cheese, bread crumbs, and olive oil.
Step 5:Spoon mixture into the hollowedout tomatoes. Place tomatoes right side up in an 8- by 8-inch baking pan and bake 15 minutes.
Step 6:Serve stuffed tomatoes steaming hot.
Note : If your tomatoes aren’t quite ripe (pinkish-orange instead of bright red), place them in a brown paper bag and keep in a cupboard or other dark place for a day or two to ripen