A quick classic for two, plus this time it’s also low in fat. Just add egg noodles or rice to serve.
SERVES 4 – 30 minutes
– 227g can pineapple slices in juice, drained and chopped, juice reserved.
– 1 tbsp cornflour.
– 1 tbsp tomato sauce.
– 1 tsp soy sauce.
– 1 tsp brown sugar.
– 2½ tbsp rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar.
– 1 tbsp sunflower oil.
– 200g/8oz stir-fry pork strips, trimmed of fat.
– 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks.
– 3 spring onions, quartered and shredded.
– rice or egg noodles, to serve.
Step 1:Mix 4 tablespoons of the reserved pineapple juice into the cornflour until smooth then stir in the tomato and soy sauces, sugar and vinegar. Set aside.
Step 2:Heat the oil until very hot in a wok, then throw in the pork for 1 minute, stirring. Lift the pork out on to a plate, then set aside.
Step 3:Add the pepper to the wok, stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the pineapple and most of the spring onions for 30 seconds. Stir in the sauce for 1 minute, splashing in a little water as it cooks, then stir the pork back in for 20–30 seconds until just cooked through – it should still be tender. Scatter with the remaining spring onions and serve with rice or noodles.
Note : PER SERVING 284 kcals, protein 24g, carbs 31g, fat 8g, sat fat 2g, fibre 2g, sugar 24g, salt 0.96g