Thai chicken and mushroom broth
This is an ideal recipe for getting your Thai tastebuds into practice – serve with extra fresh
lime juice, sugar and fish sauce on the side, so everyone can adjust their own flavourings.
Takes 15 minutes • Serves 4
– 1 litre/1¾ pints hot chicken stock
– 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
– 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
– 2 tsp sugar
– zest and juice of 1 lime, plus extra to serve
– 100g/4oz portobello mushrooms, sliced
– a bunch of spring onions, sliced (white and green parts kept separate)
– 200g/8oz leftover cooked chicken, shredded
Step 1: Tip the stock into a pan, then stir in the curry paste, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and most of the zest. Bring to the boil, then add the mushrooms and whites of the spring onions. Cover, then simmer for 2 minutes.
Step 2: Stir in the chicken and most of the spring onion greens to heat through gently, then ladle into bowls and serve scattered with the remaining lime zest.
Food: Thai chicken and mushroom broth
• Per serving 179 kcalories, protein 25g, carbohydrate 6g, fat 6g, saturated fat 1g, fibre 1g, sugar 4g, salt 2.32g