Thai basil has a more aniseed flavour than ordinary basil, but if you can’t find any, use coriander instead.
SERVES 4 – 30 minutes
– 200g/8oz runner beans.
– 1 red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely sliced.
– 2 shallots, finely sliced.
– 1 lemongrass stalk, finely sliced.
– ½ thumb-sized knob ginger, shredded.
– 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded.
– small bunch mint.
– large bunch Thai basil.
– 1 lime, cut in wedges, to garnish.
– jasmine rice, to serve.
FOR THE COCONUT DRESSING
– 100ml/3½fl oz coconut cream.
– 1 garlic clove, crushed.
– 3 tbsp fish sauce.
– 1 tsp sugar.
– juice 1 lime.
– 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced.
Step 1:Top and tail the runner beans, peel off the stringy bits and slice. Cook the beans in a pan of simmering salted water for 4 minutes or until tender but still bright green. Drain and put in a bowl with the chilli, shallots, lemongrass, ginger and chicken.
Step 2:Mix all the dressing ingredients together. Tear the mint and Thai basil over the chicken and toss everything together. Pile on to a plate and pour over the dressing. Serve with the lime wedges to squeeze over and some jasmine rice.
Note : PER SERVING 214 kcals, protein 23g, carbs 6g, fat 11g, sat fat 8g, fibre 1g, sugar 5g, salt 2.31g