Just a few spoonfuls of this rich and creamy dessert are all you need to end a romantic meal with a flourish.
Takes 30 minutes • Serves 2 (easily doubled)
– 50g/2oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken into squares.
– 150ml/¼ pint double cream.
– 2 tbsp Tia Maria (or use Kahlua, Cointreau or Grand Marnier).
– cocoa powder, for dusting.
– cantuccini or amaretti biscuits, to serve.
Step 1:Put the chocolate into a bowl. Reserve two tablespoons of cream, then mix the rest with the liqueur of your choice, tip into a pan and bring just to the boil. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate, stirring until the chocolate melts. Divide between two small glasses and allow to cool slightly.
Step 2:Whip the reserved cream until slightly thickened, then spoon over the cooled chocolate mix. Chill for at least 20 minutes until set. While you’re waiting, cut a heart shape from a piece of thick card.
Step 3:When ready to serve, set the heart template over the top of the glass and sift over a dusting of cocoa powder. Lift off carefully and do the same with the other glass. Serve with cantuccini or amaretti biscuits, if you like.