These burgers freeze really well, so why not make double and have dinner ready in the freezer for another night?
SERVES 4 – 25 minutes
– 500g pack minced turkey.
– ½ tsp dried thyme or 2 tsp fresh.
– 1 lemon.
– Little Gem lettuce and wholemeal pitta breads, to serve.
FOR THE RELISH
– 250g/9oz cooked peeled beetroot (not in vinegar), finely diced.
– 1 small red onion, finely chopped.
– 2 tbsp chopped parsley.
– 2 tsp olive oil.
– 2 tsp wholegrain mustard.
Step 1:Tip the turkey into a bowl with the thyme. Finely grate in the zest from the lemon and add a little seasoning. Use your hands to mix the ingredients well, then shape into four patties. Chill until ready to cook. (Can be frozen for up to 1 month.).
Step 2:Mix the beetroot for the relish with the juice from half the zested lemon, the onion, parsley, oil and mustard. Grill, griddle or barbecue the burgers for about 6 minutes on each side and serve with the beetroot relish, lettuce and pitta breads.
Note : PER SERVING 183 kcals, protein 30g, carbs 7g, fat 4g, sat fat 1g, fibre 2g, sugar 6g, salt 0.5g