This no-cook supper makes great lunchbox food too – why not make double and save half for the next day?
SERVES 2 – 20 minutes
FOR THE DRESSING
– 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped.
– 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped.
– 1 tbsp golden caster sugar.
– juice 2 limes.
FOR THE SALAD
– 250g/9oz thin rice noodles.
– 150g pack cooked peeled tiger prawns, halved along their spines.
– ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cut into matchsticks.
– 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks or grated.
– 6 spring onions, shredded.
– handful coriander and/or mint leaves.
– 1 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped.
Step 1:To make the dressing, mash together the garlic, chilli and sugar using a pestle and mortar. Add the lime juice and 3 tablespoons water, and stir together. Set aside.
Step 2:Get the kettle on, put the noodles into a bowl, then cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for 10 minutes until tender, then drain and divide between two bowls.
Step 3:Mix the prawns and veg together, and divide between the bowls. Finish by topping each salad with the herbs and peanuts, then pour over the dressing to serve.
Note : PER SERVING 579 kcals, protein 27g, carbs 117g, fat 4g, sat fat 1g, fibre 2g, sugar 14g, salt 1.66g