If you think lentils are boring, here’s a salad to change your mind – it’s superhealthy and supertasty.
Takes 20 minutes • Serves 4
– 3 tbsp olive oil.
– 250g/9oz chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
– 2 tbsp red wine vinegar.
– 2 tsp Dijon mustard.
– 2 red peppers, seeded and finely chopped.
– ½ red onion, finely chopped.
– 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed.
– 2–3 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated.
– 100g/4oz goat’s cheese, crumbled to scatter.
Step 1:Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then quickly fry the mushrooms until just starting to soften. Remove from the heat, then stir in the remaining oil with the vinegar and mustard. Stir well until mixed, then add the peppers, onion and lentils, and mix well again.
Step 2:Arrange the lettuce leaves over four plates. Spoon the lentil salad over the top, scatter over the goat’s cheese and serve.