Don’t let the words “wasabi” or “green chili” scare you away from this chutney. The mayonnaise and lime juice cut through the heat of these immensely spicyingredients to give you a dipthat isn’t too dangerous for your palate.
Enjoy this spread on basic vegetable sandwiches or smeared on a plain flatbread or Potato and Dill Stuffed Parathas.
– 1 tablespoon prepared wasabi paste.
– 2 small fresh green chili peppers, deseeded.
– 5 green onions (scallions), coarsely chopped.
– 1 cup (8 g) fresh mint leaves, 3 cups (120 g) coarsely-chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro).
– ¼ cup (65 ml) fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise.
– 2 teaspoons sugar, Salt, to taste.
Blend the wasabi, green chili peppers and green onions in a blender or food processor until well minced. Add the mint and coriander leaves, and then continue blending, scraping the sides with a spatula, until puréed.
As you blend, drizzle the lime juice through the feeder tube into the bowl and process until the chutney is smooth.
Add the mayonnaise, sugar and salt, and mix. Adjust the seasonings. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately or refrigerate for up to two weeks.
Food: Wasabi and green chili chutney